18 August 2010

Blackstrap


After coming home from the city after August Extra Long, my friend drove straight to Blackstrap and set up her RV.  I had to return to work, but the weather was just too nice and so I made a brief appearance at work on Tuesday and then headed back out of the city.

The campsites at Blackstrap were nice and large and the campground was fairly quiet.  The nicest part was that because Blackstrap is so close to the city a number of friends ended up coming for evening BBQ's, an afternoon of tubing, or to stay and camp for a few days.  

The weather was beautiful and after a week of rain, I'm glad I took summer holidays when I did.  

We went fishing one morning:   

This is me "fishing" . . . I did manage to catch a pike, to reward my hard effort and all.  

When I returned from fishing, I found this note waiting for me back at the campsite:



One of my favorite memories is getting together with friends and preparing a meal together.  It wasn't anything fancy, just a mix of leftovers from both campsites.  But I loved spending time making a meal and sharing it together.  Plus, I was very happy that I didn't have to make the fire.  


~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment