16 November 2010

Photo Request

Some friends of mine asked me to use my super amazing photography powers and take some food pictures that they could use in their green kitchen.

I think they said something like:  Becky: you are such an amazing photographer and wonderful talented person, could you please take some pictures of food that we can use in our green kitchen.

Then they said something about RAW.  Then they said something like forget the RAW.

And then I got confused and thought that they wanted me to take pictures of raw food in a green kitchen, or that they are "those" kind of people that only eat raw food.

But then I thought: sounds like I am getting free reign to create a photograph(s) that would look great in a green kitchen.

I frequently enlist the use of parentheses in my thoughts.

Or not.

Of course, I said yes and immediately starting thinking about what I could photograph.  I thought a variety of peppers (habanero, cayenne, chili . .)  would look fantastic on a green wall.  Or an ode to coffee snobbery with a shot of espresso or beans with all the browns would also look great.  I began to think of plating and backgrounds and textures and started to get excited.

Then again, my laziness could over take me, and I could just end up giving them this photo I took at their place a while ago:




I call the photograph: Poached Egg in Black and White.

~b~

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha...just what we wanted - a black and white of a badly made poached egg. Our lives will be complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such an idiot. I can't believe I wrote this post. I promise I won't give you a picture taken with my iPhone.

    Thanks for asking me, I'm pretty pumped about getting a photograph of mine up on your wall.

    ReplyDelete