19 December 2010

Phil, his Harmonica Orchestra and Other Christmas Cheer


I've spent the month ushering in Christmas, too bad I can't seem to get the shopping finished.  

Meh.  

This is what I've been up to this month:

I started off the month with by going to a few Christmas parties.

My friend "volunteered" me to enter something into a bake sale with her, so I spent an evening hanging out and making these:

Reindeer Cake Pops

My very first attempt at Cake Pops.  This guy was one of our "rejects".  He looks so grumpy and unhappy and cute.  I think he looks like a pirate, he was also very delicious!

I held my very first annual christmas party: The First Annual Un-Christmas Party Christmas Party to cater to the scrooges (like my son) and those holiday lovers.  I thought the ambiguous name would also give me leeway in the decor as I didn't have any energy to decorate the house.  Fortunately, the thought of entertaining guests gave me enough oomph to decorate this year, albeit on a much smaller scale.

My tree recently had a tragic accident:



Here's a closer look, I'm sure all those Starbucks haters out there will love this broken ornament:



Last week Journeys (my church) held a Christmas Coffee House.  Besides the good conversations, the music, and the art, I really enjoyed this:



                        



Extra Foamy Half Vanilla, Half Caramel Latte with bonus latte art- bellisamo!

Finally, I attended a concert put on by the Saskatoon Philharmonic Orchestra:


I enjoyed listening to music being performed by people I know, and I loved listening to some of the pieces from the Nutcracker, among others.  Next year, if they play The Saber Dance by Aram Khachaturian, I'll be super pumped:



Saber Dance - edarem style



I hope you ignore your TO DO list, and gift list for a little while and spend some time simply enjoying this Christmas Season.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment