20 January 2011

Me Want FOOD!!

One of the things I love to do is get together with friends at some of Saskatoons restaurants.  Here are some places I've been to:

La Bamba

La Bamba is located on Boychuk and is an authentic Mexican restaurant.  I always order the tostadas with usually a Sol or a Corona to drink.  There is a lot of different items on the menu that are delicious, but I just always know I will be happy eating the tostada.   Every time I go, I find that the servers are always friendly.  Besides the awesome food, the great Mexican atmosphere with the bright walls and the Mexican music that plays in the background makes La Bamba one of my favorite places to eat.

Bamba Margarita


Konga Cafe

I met with a group of friends to enjoy some caribbean food at the Konga Cafe.  The server was very helpful giving me suggestions from the menu and we started the meal off with johnny cakes (a cornmeal flatbread), served with different sauces with various spice levels.  I was happy that the semi-private back room was large enough to fit our large group.  I would love to go back for lunch sometime, as I've heard the soup is amazing.  If you want to check out Konga Cafe, it is located on Avenue H.

Johnny Cake at the Konga Cafe


Alexanders

I took my mother and son to Alexanders for lunch and my son order some monstrosity of a burger.  I'm not a huge fan of burgers, and I'd rather meet for beer at Alexanders, but I found the sheer size of my son's burger to be astounding: 

Burger Monstrosity at Alexanders


 El Secondo

I was really excited to hear that Christies Bakery was opening a second location on Broadway.  My friend and I popped in to check things out and decided to grab a latte.  I loved the latte art my friend had, and was so excited to check out my latte art, but alas, it was just an abstract latte blob.  







Ricebowl

I was nervous about organizing a supper at the Ricebowl, as I had never been there before, but the night was definitely a success.  I can't remember what I ordered, but the server was very knowledgeable about all the dishes on the menu and gave some excellent suggestions.  I ended up ordering one of their Korean specialities, and really enjoyed my dish.  I even ended up ordering dessert, which is something I normally don't order at a restaurant.  





Korean dish with Sake at the Ricebowl

Dessert at the Ricebowl



Keos


I'll always remember the first time I had Pad Thai at Keo's and I'm so happy I live close by now.  Besides the Pad Thai, I enjoy ordering the Panag Curry (peanuty), and the Ginger Beef.  They also have these gluten-free treats that are in the shape of a lotus flower, and I always pick one up for my friend when I go.

Pad Thai at Keos

 Taj Mahal


I went to the Taj for lunch the other day, and ordered the Butter Chicken.  Although, the menu is quite limited at lunchtime, we all ordered Butter Chicken, which tasted fantastic.  The Naan bread was amazing and I'm not sure how I will adjust to eating Naan bread from the store after I have tasted how good Naan can really be.  I enjoyed the atmosphere and would definitely come back for supper sometime.  The service was quick and the servers were friendly, we even had the cook come out and discuss dietary concerns.

Taj Mahal


Here is a little 30 Rock humor to finish this post off:




~b~

4 comments:

  1. Becky this post made my mouth WATER!! I haven't tried the other restaurants, but I LOVE Keo's Kitchen and The Konga Cafe. My fave dish at Konga is the Jerk Chicken wrap. It's soooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! Great pictures too. I always have trouble picking out where to eat when I finally get a chance to do so and then I never know what to order so I appreciate the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was kinda torturous to write, as I've been sick and haven't really eaten in the last two days, but I guess its kind of motivating to get better so I can enjoy some good food!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go back to Konga now.

    ReplyDelete