29 February 2012

Leap Year Day


This post really has nothing to do with leap year day, but I thought that I should write a blog post to commemorate this rare day.

* * *

I think I might have seasonal affective disorder, so today I went for a walk on my coffee break to boost my vitamin D levels.  But instead of noticing the birds singing in the trees and the hot sun warming my jacket and melting the snow I realized that my face was the only surface area of skin that could absorb vitamin D.  And then I spent the rest of the walk optimizing my vitamin D intact.

Here's what I came up with:

Ways to optimize vitamin D absorption while walking

  • Use other surface area of skin ie.  my hands.   Its too bad we live in such a cold climate that all our jackets cover up our skin.
  • Optimize my walking route to fully maximize sun exposure by trying to face the sun as much as possible.  
  • Change the time of day to get the fullest intensity of sunlight.

I have no idea why I just can't go for a walk and notice the birds like everybody else without trying to optimize everything.

* * *


Here's a picture of me that shows my propensity for reading books and learning.  I think I'm trying to figure out my brothers lego, so he'll let me help him put it together.

I think I'm four, thus my Dora styled haircut was not a decision I made.


Happy Leap Year Day

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment