15 February 2012

A long day.


I had a meeting today in Regina today.  I gotta say, 5 am is really early when you usually start work at 9.

I don't know if it was the fact that I had to spend 5 hours of small talk as we travelled between cities, or that I had to be assertive in presenting my ideas to the other board members or participating in a long conference call when I find it a struggle to listen to people talk, but I am exhausted.

We had some time to kill before we returned so two of us walked over to the downtown mall.

I ended up getting some loose leaf tea from Davids Tea which is ironically called forever nuts.

Here are some pics from my iPhone:





One of my favorite parts of today was being able to make a contact that has access to many different networks of people.  I had been asked earlier this year to be a mentor to some students from my diploma program and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do, or how I can bridge these two contacts together.  

 I also really enjoyed listening to the lab director describe how he is settling into his life here (he moved from Ontario).  He bought an acreage with 80 acres and is working towards living out his dreams of living that type of lifestyle.  As in buying chickens and roosters type of living.  I love listening and watching people living our their dreams.

~b~



No comments:

Post a Comment