15 October 2009

Thanksgiving . . .


My Thanksgiving was busy. Just the way I like it.

Friday night I went to the rodeo:

I cheered for the calves, and for those cowboys in their nice, fine chaps.



I tinkered around in the kitchen and made some type of meatball appetizer with cucumber raita and wheat salad for a potluck.

I went on a Sunday Drive and discovered that Saskatoon is surrounded by roads. Many, many roads. Some of which really aren't roads at all, but paths that are awfully close to the side of the riverbank. Too close, if you ask me.




I attended a potluck that that a high female to male ratio. This was just the appetizers. A small portion of the appetizers:



And I attended the required family gathering and spent a competitive afternoon playing Pit and The Game of Life.

I learnt that the presence of men is a necessity at any potluck, just to help "do away" with all the food. I also learnt that busy weekends aren't necessarily good when you have a sore throat as they tend to turn into something nastier as the work week begins.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment