11 July 2011

Eleven Randoms for Seven/Eleven

One

Lately when I've been coming home to a hot house, I remark to my son:  Boy, I'm hot . . . visually speaking . . .  

He has yet to respond.  hee hee hee

Two

I had big plans this summer to visit my brother in Mexico City, but a few unexpected expenses put a kibosh in those plans.  You really didn't need to know that I am now not going to Mexico City, I just wanted to write a sentence with the word kibosh in it.

Three

The back of my car has golf clubs, a life jacket, tennis rackets, and a bicycle pump.  We are definitely enjoying this warm season.  Also, I am too lazy to bring it all into the apartment.

Four

Over the July long weekend I read The Help by Kathryn Stockett and Emmanuels Veins by Ted Dekker.  I forgot how nice it is to spend a hot summer day getting lost inside a good story.  I also kept sneaking into the trailer to read more chapters of the book I was reading and would keep reading until I would hear people wonder where I had gone too.

Five

This is Gracie.  She lives on a farm near Cut Knife.  She is a cow who thinks she is a dog.  I guess that makes her a Dog-Cow.

Gracie the Dog-Cow from Cut Knife


Six

I love reading.  I just bought:  Room (Emma Donoghue), The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet (Reif Larson), Imperfect Birds (Anne Lamott) and the latest Inked Magazine, just because Ami James is in it.  I can't wait to get reading!


Seven

I'm a sucker for guys with tattoos.


Eight

I don't know if I blogged about it last year, but RUN 143 is happening this week.  It's an ultra-marathon that is raising money and awareness for adoption and the 143 million orphans in this world.  This year it is from North Battleford to Saskatoon   I'll try and blog about this more this week.

Nine

My son told me that he has a rhyming phrase that describes me:  Your loud and your proud. . .  at least I think your proud.

I'm not too sure how to take this.

Ten

Every time we drive over the Broadway Bridge towards home, we wave to my friends who happen to live in an apartment overlooking the Victoria Bridge.  I don't even think they could see us if they looked out their window, but we always send happy thoughts their way.  We once had a bicyclist turn to look over his shoulder to see what we were waving at.  Ha!

Eleven

This is my 250th blog post.  Pretty profound and insightful, hey?


~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment