22 July 2011

Friday Night Randoms

Lately I've been so busy hanging out with friends and enjoying the wonderful summer evenings that I haven't been been spending time thinking or writing.  So my brain is demanding some form of creative output and yet my mind is busy planning out next week camping trip.

My thinking is getting all jumbled up and I'm easily distracted.  I get songs getting stuck in my head.  I start making grocery lists and packing lists.  I imagine dragonfly farms in greenhouses manned by little children in safari hats.  And I try to create any type of order by categorizing things into lists.

I sound crazy.  I'm definitely ready for some time at the lake.

I hope to write some posts that have a bit of substance to them, but until then, in order to satiate my brain for the next few days, here is another list of randoms:


This would have been my favorite RUN (ONE)43 picture, had I not been focusing on the landscape in the background:

Semi racing, a new Saskatchewan sport.  


This one looks like an imminent disaster is about to happen.  And I just realized the horizon is all crooked.  

Look out for the van!!!!

My co-worker made a comment about my sexy butt this week.  I'm definitely going to be biking again in next year's RUN (ONE)43 ultra-marathon if I keep getting comments like that one!!


This morning my friend sent me a text before I was too coherent to read.  I thought it was about hot dogs and a policeman.  But it was actually about a hot policeman and a canine dog.  As she was looking out her window this morning she saw some punk kid running out of her garage.

When she told me that she opened the window and yelled:  Hey, you little fucker.  All I could imagine was her standing in her kitchen in an old house coat, with curlers in her hair, and a cigarette dangling from her mouth.  (Just to let you know, she doesn't look like that, my imagination just gets a little carried away sometimes all the time).


Ever since I heard Massey and the Fergusons played at Taste of Saskatchewan this weekend.  I can't get a certain song out of my head.  It's pretty much the same line.  Over.  And over.  And over again.  Please help.  Even so, I definitely enjoyed listening to a great show and might even "like" on Facebook.


For those of you who don't know me well, I am a huge introvert.  A friend posted this link on facebook a while ago on myths about introverts.  I couldn't agree more.


I'm heading up to see grandmere and grandpere this weekend.  I haven't seen them in a while, so I'm looking forward to the visit.  They've been married for over 70 years and I used to hope to have a marriage like theirs.  She's the excitable, energetic one, he's the solid quiet one.  They also aren't french.


My attention span seems to be getting shorter and shorter.  Perhaps I should be on twitter.


~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment