19 July 2011

RUN (ONE)43

 
This past week I was apart of RUN(ONE)43 .  It's an ultra-marathon that started Thursday to raise awareness of the more than 143 million orphans in this world.  One kilometer for every million orphans, starting in North Battleford and ending in Saskatoon.




On Thursday I took the day off work and headed to North Battleford to take some pictures and cheer on the participants. 

North Battleford.  Day 1.  Hi Shae!!

I had the opportunity to meet an awesome couple who is also in the process of adopting.  They were part of the support crew the first two days are were incredibly encouraging as they cheered on the runners.  
  


On Saturday I was part of a cycling team.  My friends husband and brother in-law biked from North Battleford to Saskatoon, while the rest of us started in Langham.  



Saturday.  Day 3.


It was great to have the opportunity to participate and we loved stopping at the runners pit stops to hang out with the support crew during the morning.


I think we spend a little too much hanging out because going down Horsefly Alley in the heat of the day was tough.  However,  finishing the day was very rewarding and I'm looking forward to participating again next year.

Heidi and Ian running to the finish line.

 
The money raised will go  to support a couple who is currently in the adoption process as well as a baby home in South Africa and the Saskatoon Adoption Support Centre.  Check out the RUN143 website to find out more about this crazy ultra marathon, or to make a donation using the link at the top.


~b~

1 comment:

  1. Becky, I LOVE the pics! Can't wait to see more!! Thanks so much for all you did and thanks for posting on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete