08 March 2009

Belgium Cookies


  


Belgium Cookies are one of the two things I find hard to share (the other is Tim Horton's coffee during Roll Up The Rim). To truly appreciate a Belgium Cookie, one must first realize how painstakingly long it takes to make one.

The batter is cooked in a special iron and comes out as a thin wafer, kinda like the combination of a crepe and a waffle.  The thin, hot cookie is immediately removed from the iron and sliced in half before it is iced and put back together. The result is a sweet cookie, with the pattern on the cookie giving an interesting texture with every bite. 

Since I don't have the special iron, nor do I have the inclination to bake such finicky things I savour every bite as I am at the mercy of my coworker's generosity.



No comments:

Post a Comment