22 March 2009

It's Officially Spring! Huh????


I thought it was spring.  

I started off my trip to Edmonton by driving through fog.  It was freezing.  . . Freezing Fog-which is very deceptive,  because the roads look clear but are actually slick with ice.  

So, I was happy to see the snow.  I can handle driving in blowing snow. . . or so I thought.  

\

But the snow didn't stop.  There was lots and lots and lots of snow.


It's really really boring driving at a safe 30 km/hr behind my semi friend.  (This picture is for you, Mom!)



I wish I drove a manly man truck, they just seemed to fly by, plowing though the "other lane", disappearing into the plume behind the semi, and never ending up in the ditch.  

One car actually plowed halfway into the median between the two roads and a semi was jack-knifed in the ditch facing traffic.

When I get home, I'm not leaving the city until summer is well established.




2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hate driving in weather like that! It looks scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was super scary! It was the worst weather I have ever driven through.

    ReplyDelete