13 March 2010

Pay It Forward



Last evening I was waiting in line at Starbucks.  The couple in front of me was chatting up the barista and taking their sweet time deciding what to order.  I tried waiting patiently (I HATE waiting), but I was antsy to get my coffee and get to the hockey game I was late for.

 I have no idea what was taking the two so long, and I thought they were digging for change to pay.  I was debating whether I should just offer to pay for their bevies, when the girl turned to me, apologized for taking so long and offered to pay for my drink.

Sweet.  I took them up on their offer and settled into trying to wait patiently for the barista to make my drink.  When the barista called out my order, I already had the coffee lid in hand, ready to make a quick exit, but as I grabbed the cup, I remembered that a friend mentioned the coffee art that the baristas sometimes make at the Broadway location.  So I quickly glanced down at my cup, before putting on the lid - and sure enough, the barista had made me a flower!

The free cup of artfully arranged caffeinated goodness made my day.  And I hope that I can buy a stranger a cup of coffee this weekend and pay it forward.

I am also open to any blog readers buying me a coffee this weekend - I'm partial to Grande Three Pump Caramel Americano Misto's right now.

I'll be around all weekend.

;)

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment