03 March 2010

What I've Been Up To


Its been a while since my last post.   Here's what I've been up to:





I had an espresso shot.  Two, in fact.  The barista made me do it, but I'm glad I listened-these shots really perked me up for the day.  Should I ever win the lottery I shall hire said Barista to make my daily cups of java and all will be well in my world.  


Annual haircuts.  The boy got an inch and a half taken off, if you can believe that.  I just got a trim.  I cannot wait to have long long hair.  I dream of the day when I can don aviator shades and roam the dirty streets of Saskatoon on a nice loud Harley, with my long hair streaming behind me.




I checked out the Park Cafe.  I also downloaded a photoshop app-like the effect?




I tried a new recipe out.  I should have guessed by the 9 cups of flour and the 4 cups of milk that I would be making a lot of cinnamon buns.

I used my roller that I used as a little girl.  Its mini and light and cute, which makes it tres difficile in rolling out massive amounts of dough.  I have to admit, my arms were not used to making such a large quanity of cinnamon buns at one time - they ached!




By my estimation this recipe made just over 50 cinnamon buns.  I'm glad to have friends with large families.

By the way, the "topping" contained one whole bag of icing sugar, maple flavoring and brewed coffee.  Any commotion in the house on Sunday morning was probably entirely due to ingesting one or two of these babies.

And finally, I went to an auction.  I wanted to take a picture, but I was worried I would accidently make a bid on something.  I was also worried that once I started bidding I wouldn't be able to stop myself.  So I tucked my number into my jacket and kept my hands in my pockets.  Some guy named Orville bought a lot of bikes.  And by a lot, I mean every fourth or fifth bike out of 165.  He would buy them for $5 or $10, or even $7.50, which in auction language is pronounced: 7 and a half.  His bidders number was 133.  Oh, and one of the guys with the auctioneer kept yelling HEEYAW real loud (whenever someone made a bid) and it made me want to ride a horse.  Just thought you'd like to know that last tid bit.

~b~

1 comment:

  1. Not a bad looking espresso shot. :) Seriously though, I can't believe that there's brewed coffee in those cinnamon buns. I would really like that recipe!

    ReplyDelete