26 December 2009

Dec 25


Christmas Day was wonderful.  I just wanted time to rejuvenate, and that's exactly what I got.  I spent the entire morning hanging out in the kitchen.  First I brewed some Organic Yukon Blend Coffee from Starbucks and mixed it to perfection with Crystallized Organic Cane Sugar and just the right amount of Organic Cream.  (Just kidding, I didn't have organic cream, I just noticed a theme going on here).  Then I surfed the web for ideas on what to make for breakfast and with some inspiration from two different recipes I came up with Christmas Breakfast.  Finally, I listened to Animals in the Dark, the newest CD by William Elliott Whitmore and lazily cooked the bacon and sausage in the oven, browned the onions and mushrooms on the stove and randomly cleaned and organized.




My Christmas Breakfast.  An egg mixture consisting of: eggs, cream, mozza and monterey jack cheese blend, and browned onions and mushrooms all poured over a layer of breakfast sausage and bacon, and a layer of browned hash browns.  

My wonderful cooking enticed my son to emerge from his room (either that, or I said: Get up.  Breakfast is ready).

After breakfast he opened presents, and then we played with our toys.  My toys being my Nikon I bought earlier this year, and some of the Pampered Chef stuff I was trying to find a home for.





This is the Pinch Bowl Set by Pampered Chef.  I think the littlest one is super adorable.

By thtime we ate and opened presents it was mid afternoon, so we got ready, left the house and went to the Galaxy to watched Avatar.  I loved it.

Then it was off for a family supper and some visiting before heading home.

Rest.  Cooking.  Coffee.  Music.  Good food and family.  These simple ingredients make me happy.

~b~

1 comment:

  1. Great post Becky, I absolutely LOVE the pictures you're taking with that new camera!!! Every time I see want I want to get that camera for myself :)
    Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete