13 December 2009

It's Christmas Time . . .

We had a Christmas Celebration today at church.

I brought some of these magical mini's to share in the festivities:



Buttermilk Cookies with Sour Cream Frosting and Nutmeg.  Yum!

It's been a while since I've been to church and I'm glad I went.  It was probably my favorite Sunday of the whole year.  The whole morning was spend sampling Christmas baking, hanging out at the coffee bar, having great conversations and, of course, lots of laughing.

Beside good eats, there were many different musicians who played and sang Christmas songs.  Listening to the Christmas music made me feel all warm and fuzzy and happy inside, despite the bony chilling coldness outside.

Some art was showcased, which dealt with themes of Christmas:





I especially liked this piece with all is symbolism: with the ball of light surrounded by all the toys and gifts and the simple words:  In the light of His glory and grace.

I couldn't find any shepherds or wise men, but these wonderful guys were kept busy all morning, making delicious drinks, like my coveted Gingerbread Americano Misto's:



I actually caught myself saying: Mmmm . . . . .  mmmm out loud (and to myself) as I was sipping my drink.

I love, love, love when children learn how to write:



I don't think I could sum up Christmas any better.




I don't know if it was the tasty treats, the wonderful music, the art, the cold temperatures, or the warm cup of deliciousness, but I'm definitely in the Christmas mood.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment