14 April 2009

Insipid


I read an article in the NY Times today called: I Hate my iPhone.  I was curious to see the reader responses and especially enjoyed one response which stated: "If you spent the same amount of time reading the very simple online manual for the iPhone as you did crafting the insipid alliterative sentences in this article, you would have been fine".

What a nice word, insipid, I looked up the meaning and found this:

Insipid

1. lacking taste or savor: tasteless
2.  lacking in qualities that interest, stimulate, or challenge: dull, flat.
Insipid implies a lack of sufficient taste or savor to please or interest

I decided I needed to build up my vocabulary arsenal so I could insult people in ambiguous ways and yet still remain innocuous.  That way I can avoid conflict AND have the last word.




I stopped by McNally Robinsons at lunch and picked up this cute mini journal set.  It contains 4 mini journals which sit in its own box.  I'm going to use these journals when I have new words to learn.  I seem to have developed a journal addiction lately.  I don't really need these journals, any kind of paper would have sufficed, but they are so cute, and with 4 volumes I'm sure in insult a few people and get away with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment