29 April 2009

Oh sweet Sweet Corn Chipotle Soup

As I'm waiting for my crops to harvest (Farm Town) so I can go to the dog park, I thought I'd share what I'm having for supper.  

Yesterday I tried a new recipe.  It's called Dutch Macaroni and is full of vegetables.  The best part is Davin loved it and it makes tons: enough to eat some for the lunch the next day, and freeze some for a few more meals.

But, tonight I'm feeling a little bit on the lazy side.  



This is Sweet Corn with Chipotle Soup.  It contains a full serving a vegetables (ooh) and even has the Health Check symbol on it (ahh).  Campbells changed the packaging on this and for a couple of months I wandered aimlessly around various grocery stores hoping I'd run into this soup.  I was miserable.  Then I found out the changed the packaging and my life was back to normal again.  

I stopped off at the Bulk Cheese Warehouse after work today and picked up their fresh salsa and some tortilla chips.  I love their salsa and tortillas so much I will never buy them anywhere else again (please try them sometime).  I also bought some plain boring medium cheddar cheese and some Monterey Jack Cheese with Red Hot Chilies.   

This is how I prepared my supper:

I heated the soup in the microwave and then added shredded Monterey Jack with Red Hot Chilies to it.  I then took my tortilla chips and crumble them into the soup, kinda like you would with crackers.  Only the tortilla chips from Bulk Cheese are better; way, WAY better.  Finally, I added a dollop of sour cream to the top.  That's it-simple, and pretty good soup is turned into really great soup.

 I then melted cheese (half Monterey Jack, half Cheddar) on the chips and ate them with sour cream and salsa.  While the tortilla chips are great, I only buy them to eat the fresh salsa (its that good), but tonight I'm not sure if it's the salsa I like better or the Monterey Jack cheese- it has such a zing.  I might just have to have some more to make up my mind.  I do hope the full serving of vegetables and the heart symbol up there make up for all that cheese I ate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment