02 June 2009

The Big Three-Oh


On Monday I turned the big three-oh.

I spent the better half of the month of May making this card and sending it out to a few good friends.  This is the outside, it is just a plain, blank card.



This is what the inside said:
Like my shameless plug about my blog?



I handed my cards out at work, dropped them off in mailboxes, and mailed them from Vancouver to Toronto, and a few places in between.

I thought it was funny.  Plus, it makes up for the three times in my life when we had to move on my birthday.  I still remember eating cake at a kitchen table with boxes piled up to the ceiling. 

Okay, probably not to the ceiling, I was only five or so at the time, but the pile DID seem really high. 

Sorry, back to my thirtieth.

I started off the day by singing happy birthday to myself on Facebook.  It went a little like this:

Happy Birthday to ME!
Happy Birthday to ME!
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday,
Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee

Well, I'm happy to say that my card idea worked.  I received many birthday wishes.  I especially enjoyed the individual singing.  It seems to me that when only one person is singing happy birthday to me, they never finish the song.  I think they start listening to themselves sing and trail off when they realize how aweful they sound.  They usually end by apologizing at how horrible their voice is.  Don't tell them, but I enjoyed every song, horrible voice or not, I reveled in the attention.

So, I ended my big day by working late and as I was driving home I realized that I had locked my keys inside the house.  How could things go so terribly wrong in a few short hours?  I sure hope this isn't indicative of how the next few years are going to turn out!

What ever happens in the future, I hope I can have this much fun celebrating my fortieth:



With Love,

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment