05 June 2009

The End of A Birthday Week


Its the end of my birthday week. 

My favorite part was when some friends from university walked over to my work to drop off a birthday package.  Only, they neglected to tell me they were coming over.  Sure, they vaguely asked me if I was going to be at work, and so I replied: Sure, I'm going to be here all day.  Or something along those lines.  And then I promptly left and went out for lunch with some co-workers.

So they headed on over on a long long trek, through the blowing wind and snow, past the ferocious pack of dogs nipping at their heels, as they darted through a dark alley to get to my side of the university.

Okay, it wasn't snowing, it was just windy.

Oh, and the dogs are rather cute and were probably barking a friendly hello. No ferocious nipping of human ankles occurred to the best of my knowledge.

And the dark alley is actually a bicycle path.

But everything else about the trek is true, except the other parts I made up.

When my friends arrived at my work they found out I wasn't there.

So they left me a package and return wherst they came from.

And when I returned from lunch I received a call from the receptionist:  Some friends had stopped by at lunch and delivered a package.

What was this package?  I wondered. 

 Could it be a card?  After all, it is my birthday. . .  or perhaps its a birthday present . . . or could it be a bomb disguised as a birthday present?  Gosh!  They possibilities are endless.

I could not take the guessing and suspense any longer.  I dropped what I was doing and went upstairs to find out what was in this package.

To my delight I found out that they had dropped off the standard "Birthday Muffins from Tim Hortons - 12 Dozen Assorted Edition".

Well!  Imagine that!  I was delighted to find out that my three friends had travelled all that way to share this with me on my birthday.



But wait . . .  what is that little white dot that is in the muffin in the middle?



Let's take a closer look:




Why, it's the traditional candle in the muffin candle!



I went over at coffee time to partake in the above mentioned and photographed muffins with them.  And enjoyed every minute of their company.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome :) Happy Birthday Becky! I'll be joining you in the 30 club in about 6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete