21 May 2009

Farm Town

Lately I've been spending all my time on Facebook playing Farm Town.  

In Farm Town you are given a square of land and you can plant all sorts of crops: grapes, potatoes, watermelon, even coffee.  You need to plow the land, plant the seeds, and then after a day or two or three your crops are ready for harvesting.  When you harvest you get money, and if you hire someone else who is playing the game you will get even MORE money.  

Generally, people just hang out at the marketplace waiting for someone to hire them.  There are people from all over the world in the marketplace.  I've been to some marketplaces where people from Australia or places in Europe, or people are talking in another language, I think its Spanish, but unfortunately, No hablo espanol.  Gotta love Google Translate, hey?!

This is what a farm might look like.  Mines way better though, I like to make fancy patterns with the crops, like a checkerboard.  I think I may have an addiction.



In Farm Town my name is Farmer Becky and my Farm name is Farmer Beckys Farm.  Gosh, I am so creative sometimes.

Now that I have been playing Farm Town I have been checking out the real farms when I am driving on the highways in Saskatchewan.

Here is a farm on the way to Tisdale.  I like how the barn has faded paint and the little shelter for the animals is all weathered looking.  I think it looks quaint sitting up on the hill, overlooking the highway.


Here are some silos we passed on the drive up to Moose Jaw.  I like how they are all shiny and new and neat and orderly.  If I had silos on my farm, this is what they would look like.


Here is some land.  From my vast farming experience I'd say it looks like the land hasn't been plowed yet.  



In Farm Town you need to individually plow and then seed each square of land.  It can be quite tedious, especially when you are a "Mighty Farmer" like me and have a very large plot of land. Did you know that in real life you can both plow AND seed at the same time.  Wow - I am jealous.



Here is a pretty red barn.  Can you see the bug guts smeared on the windshield?  I still haven't gotten it off since my last roadtrip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment