23 January 2010

Nap-Bake-Read

My window this morning told me to bake and nap and read (in no particular order) and then repeat, as often as necessary.  So I did.

Nap

What can I say.  I love to nap.  Short 15 minute naps.  Long 2 hour naps.  Those naps you take shortly after waking up.  Naps are a key ingredient to a great day at home.


Bake

I was asked to bring some baking next Sunday morning.  I have no idea what to bring so I thought I'd try some new recipes out.

This is what I made:



Chocolate Chip Muffins.  Very boring name, I'll have to come up with a better title.  They are easy and quick to make.  I forgot to add the salt and yet they are pretty tasty, my son ate one, then exclaimed:  These muffins are amazing.


Read

I am re-reading Black Berry, Sweet Juice.  It was recommended to me by a friend and I recently recommended it to someone, so I thought I'd re-read the book before passing it along.  The whole title is: Black Berry, Sweet Juice.  On Being Black and White in Canada.  It's about racial self identity.  Several people are interviewed and they speak openly on their experiences growing up.


Bake

I enjoyed the muffins so much I decided to make another batch, this time I added the forgotten ingredient.  I figure that if my son found the saltless muffins amazing, I can't imagine what he'll say about the second batch.


~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment