31 January 2010

5 Things About Me



1-I need to look at the street sign every time I drive home or I will miss my turn off.

And when I write every time, I mean every time.  Except for a small bump in the road, my turn off is pretty nondescript.  I've never had this kind of navigational trouble.  Ever.  I have driven to Orlando to Miami without even consulting a map.  I found my way home from Illinois by just driving in the general direction I wanted to go.  The other day, I passed by my friendly neighbor, who waved at me.  I smiled, waved back, and drove past my street.

2 - My friday song is: Danger! High Voltage by Electric Six.

I found myself dancing around the lab, and ejecting pipette tips with flair last Friday.  I think I was really looking forward to the weekend.

My favorite lyrics are:

Fire in the Disco
Fire in the Taco Bell
Fire in the Disco
Fire in the Gates of Hell

I especially love how they say Taco Bell.

3- I make my bed every morning.  

It is one of the first things I do when I get up.  My wonderful friends pointed out in the car this weekend that I was the only one who did that - everyday.  Apparently this makes me odd.  I just like a nicely made bed.

4-Sometimes I laugh out loud when I'm dreaming and wake myself up.

To anyone who knows me, this shouldn't really come as a surprise.  I used to be pretty self conscious about my laughing, that people would think I'm insecure, but I really don't care anymore.  It's just who I am.

5- I still haven't taken down my Christmas Tree.

I'm trying to tell myself it's okay that I haven't.  I was even going to make perogies the other day to "celebrate" Ukrainian Christmas, just as an excuse for having the tree up.  When my son was little, he used to come home with dirty clothes, sand filling his shoes, and ripped clothes.  But I never got mad, because to me it just meant he was having a really fun time.  And so that is how I see the tree - I guess I've just been having a really fun time since Christmas.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment