22 September 2009

Fancy Machines and Coffee Beans


I met a friend for coffee yesterday. She left our small city-town just over 2 years ago to go and live out in the great and wonderful Vancouver. Vancouver is a city with a Starbucks on every corner and so I decided to take her to Intermission, the little coffee shop in Sutherland.



Intermission, in turns out roasts their own coffee in a very cool machine. I was surprised at how light the beans are, before they are roasted. You can order coffee beans and they will roast it for you. The whole roasting process only takes 15 minutes or so.



How cool is this machine, I love the touch screen! I would love one in my kitchen, I have just the spot for it. I mean, really who needs a fridge when you can have this in your kitchen?

I asked if I could roast my own beans, but was told I couldn't. So I decided not to mention that I had been making some sort of selections on the screen. It's a touch screen, I couldn't resist.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment