10 September 2009

My Long Weekend


I helped a friend with house renovations.

The plan was to replace the bathroom vanity and flooring.


I showed up to help because I was promised the use of power tools and a little destruction and mayhem. Plus, I didn't have anything better to do.



I have to tell you, tearing out ceramic tiles was FUN. We attack it was hammers and spades and anything else we could find. Pieces of tiles were flying everywhere, as were the colorful choice of words, which seemed appropriate at a time like that.

Things were going great . . .


. . .


UNTIL


. . .


. . .


We found this:


Ewww. Gross. Yuck.

A brief public service announcement: Caulking your bathtub every two years will prevent dastardly things like this from showing up:



Every two years. Yep. That's what you should do.

The small bathroom renovation has now turned into a complete renovation, new drywall, new sub flooring, new tub surround, new paint, new mirror, new lights, oh and new vanity and flooring.

Isn't how that how renovations always go? I'm glad I'm a renter and not a home owner.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment