03 September 2009

Stating the Obvious

I just figured something out that is probably glaring obvious. Yesterday I was sitting in the stylist chair admiring my new haircut and the great job my hairdresser had done at styling my hair. And then I had an epiphany. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

I have straight hair!, I exclaimed.

Yes. I did, I really did say that. I don't know whether it was my wonky cowlick at the front, or the fact that I have always wanted that long, volumptuous, sexily tossled hair. Heck, I'd even settle for a tendril or two. But somehow I've been sailing through life thinking my hair was anything but straight.

Today at work I was excited to state the obvious to my co-workers: Guess what! I have straight hair!! And they nodded in agreement and probably rolled their eyes. I spent the rest of the morning categorizing my co-workers into different hair categories, and would mentally list them off as I passed by them: Straight hair, short hair, straight and fine hair, no hair. Every once in a while I would catch myself in a reflection and remark in my head: I have straight hair.



Imagine that.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment