23 September 2009

Don't Forget the Garlic


I lost the recipe book I've been keeping all my recipes in about the time I went to Edmonton.

So I was delighted to find it hiding under the couch.

I'll stop me from trying to "invent" recipes.

Exhibit A:


Last Sunday in a last minute bid to have something decent to eat for lunch, I chopped up what ever vegetables where hanging out in my fridge: tomatoes, onions, green peppers, red peppers, carrots, and probably some celery. I then added some diced chicken breast, threw everything into my slow cooker and headed off to church.

I returned home later that day to enjoy my wonderful well-thought out masterpiece - it was bland watery vegetable soup and I remembered that I didn't add any spices, or tomato paste, or even garlic for that matter.

How does one forget the garlic? I asked myself as I stared glumly at the sad state of my lunch. And so I poured the whole thing over Long Macaroni, to add a little interest to the mess that I had created.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment