15 August 2009

Always bring your camera.


The other day I went out for lunch with my co-workers. As we were leaving I took my debit card out of my wallet and slipped it in my pocket and commented: This is all I need to bring.

And with that, I left my Nikon, and my point and shoot, AND my Iphone at work.

As were were walking over to the cafeteria we noticed a small movement on the ground, it was coming from vegetation which must have contained seeds because there was a little tiny bird busily pecking, pecking, pecking at the seeds. Only is wasn't a small brown bird and it wasn't a tiny blackbird. It was a very small bright blue bird. I let out a shout of surprise and amazement when I realized that our small blue friend was a budgie. It was a budgie, just like the one my grandmother had, she had named him Little Blue.


And as I bent down to try and pick up this little bird, he suddenly flew away, leaving me to yell: Little Blue! Where are You?

The the moral of the story is: Always keep you camera with you, because you never know what you will see.

~b~

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I always seem to remember my camera when I don't need it and then as soon as I forget it, I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the exact same type of bird fly into our backyard two years ago - we were floating in the pool, and it flew down and landed on our float! We were able to catch him, and although he only lived a year, he was one of our favorite pets ever. Our daughter named him Aquamarine. And yes I wish I had taken photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the poor fellow made it. It rained all weekend, or maybe the hawks got him. I looked for him when I walked over for lunch today, but to no avail, he was no where to be seen.

    ReplyDelete