28 August 2009

Edmonton


Earlier this week I made an unexpected trip to Edmonton. I received a phone call at 7:22 am and after finishing up things at work, getting an oil change, packing, and banking, I was on the road at 5 pm.

When we got to Edmonton I found out that ACDC was in town and I was beginning to wonder if I would ever find room in the inn.

We did find a room late that night and we made it to our appointment on time the next day. Pretty boring stuff. Here are the highlights of our trip:



Ricky's Grill is located downtown. The first time I went here was about 4 years ago and absolutely loved the servers. Now every time I am in Edmonton I try and stop at least once for breakfast. I always get seated on the same side, across from the kitchen. The servers and friendly, flamboyant, and have a wonderful sense of humor. No trip to Edmonton should be made without stopping here for breakfast.



And the mall. The long, long, long mall. What can I say. I'd like to think that I can make a trip to Edmonton without stopping here, but it always seems to pull me in. We originally stopped to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in IMAX 3-D, but then I couldn't stop myself from going to the Apple Store, or the MAC store.

And that pretty much sums up my whirlwind trip to Edmonton.

~b~




No comments:

Post a Comment