13 August 2009

The Big Three-Oh My!


On Tuesday I went out to Winstons to celebrate the birthday of a friend whom I've known for many years. I'm not sure why anybody didn't stop me, but I decided to make her a card because a regular Hallmark card just wouldn't suffice to mark this momentous milestone.

So I embarked on a Craft project of epic proportions, that went horribly awry.

*Warning, the following is a display of momentary delusion, as in Why would I ever think anyone would enjoy receiving this?

This is the front of the card:


I had kept a Christmas card my friend had made for me one Christmas. It looks like a "self-portrait" of herself, the inside of the card says: "Merry Christmas Soccer Fan!". (We used to play on the same soccer team). So I scanned her self-portrait and used it for the front of my card.

I also found a picture of her in grade 7. This comprised the inside of the card.



Doesn't she look adorable with those backcombed bangs, the nice blue silk shirt, complement by the thin gold necklace?

To complement my cleaver display of craftiness I added a gift card because my friend just happens to be a Teacher. It was the stereotypical teacher gift: gift card from McNally Robinson and is a safe bet for someone who has her Masters in English Literature.

And speaking of education . . .

About 4 years ago I had a great plan to start working out by going to the local pool to swim laps. It was a fine plan, a great cardiovascular workout that is gentle on your joints. The only problem was, I wasn't the strongest of swimmers. So I enrolled in a Stroke Improvement class, which turned out to be an Adult "Learn to Swim" Class. So for a month, twice a week I donned my suitsuit and practiced the front crawl, and back crawl and any other type of crawl in between. And when I had "passed" my lessons I was given this booklet to take home, for future reference:




And inside was a personalized note from my swim instructor:


Gotta love that positive feedback.

Way to go! Keep up the good work! Good job!

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment