16 November 2009

Making Alioli Sauce Frightens Me


I'm sitting here trying to work up the courage to make the Alioli Sauce for one of the appetizers I'm making. I'm having company over tomorrow night and I've made some big promises of yummy appetizers. One of them being the Bread with Mushrooms and Alioli Sauce that I had at my cooking class at Wild Serendipity Foods.

I've never made a mayonnaise before, and not too sure if I can, so instead, let me tell you about the new recipe I tried over the weekend. It's called Peppery Chicken Curry and can be found here at Kayotic Kitchen. The recipe was so easy and so delicious. You just mix a few things together, let marinade and then puree a bunch of onions, add spices and chicken and let simmer.

I was expecting the chicken to be quite hot and spicy and was slighty disappointed that it wasn't. But with each bite I could taste the wonderful peppery flavor, and I think any spiciness would have taken away from the flavour.

And so, my review of this recipe is: I love pepper and I love this recipe, its definitely a keeper.



This photo just doesn't do the recipe justice. It is very hard to capture pure deliciousness when it is 8 o'clock at night, your hungry, and you have to take a picture under crappy incandescent lights.

But, on the positive side, my son also loved this recipe. It makes me happy when I find a recipe he enjoys eating, especially when it's an ethnic recipe. I must have done something right.

. . . .

Back to the Alioli Sauce, or maybe bed.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment