26 November 2009

You Capture - Food


I'm liking this weeks photo challenge at I Should Be Folding Laundry because it's about FOOD. Since I started this blog back in March and bought my Nikon I have noticed that I have been taking an awful lot of pictures of food.

Pictures of food in restaurants, like when I went Keo's and The Granary. I've blogged about Belgium Cookies, and a Unfortunate Incident at Original Joe's that involved a succulent snow pea. And I started to do silly things like run outside with the Blackened Chicken to catch the fading light of the day.




Sometimes when I take a picture, it turns out to look rather unappetizing, like this Dahl I made on Sunday night. Despite its appearance, it was deLish.




On Monday I made Dutch Macaroni and decided then and there that every plate I served from then on would not only taste good, but would look good as well.



. . .




And then Tuesday came. It was late, and I was hungry. My Spanish Omelet on Homemade Hash Browns turned into Scrambled Eggs with Onions, Red Pepper and Bacon.


A week and a half ago I sat down and planned my meals for the next two weeks. It's something I have never done before and I am proud to say that I have pretty much stuck to schedule. Except for Wednesday when I got up to make the Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup (I forgot about the whole "roasting of the red peppers"). I don't even want to tell you what I ended making Wednesday night. And it's my blog, so I won't.




And tonight, I tried something new. That's why I love cooking so much. It never gets boring because there is always some new recipe to try . . . or you can always line up your vegetables in the casserole dish with a little flair.




Tonight I made Roasted Garlic and Herb Tilapia with Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots. This has been my favorite meal this week.

Check out more You Capture HERE.

Photobucket


~b~

2 comments: