19 November 2009

Mr. Weasel


Earlier this week I spotted this little guy in a field at the dog park. His very white coat caught my attention as his long slender body glided smoothly over the lumpy ground of the farmers field.

When I spotted him, sticking out like a sore thumb, I felt like a kid as I chased after him to try and get a picture.








He ended up on the side of a hill and I spent forever slowly stalking towards him, trying to get as close as possible.



This is Max. I ordered him to "Sit" and "Stay". He sat there for a least 10 minutes, nonchalantly looking around and casually gazing skyward as the geese flew by overhead. I was VERY impressed with him and the fact that he did not try and eat my "subject".




I just love his cute little pink nose and his tiny round ears. And I kinda wish it would snow so the poor little fellow can blend a bit.


~b~

2 comments:

  1. So I got intrigued and looked it up, his name is the Long-tailed Weasel. In northern climates they "moult" into white in the winter.

    I also love the pink nose!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also looked him up and found out he was a long-tailed weasel, which have the black tip at the end of their tails.

    Did you know that a group of weasels can be called a boogle or a confusion?

    ReplyDelete