09 November 2009

Okay, I've Changed My Mind . . .


A while back when the cold hit, I went about muttering, I hate winter to pretty much anyone who would listen to me. And I vowed to myself that this would be the very last winter I would spent in this horridly cold city.

I thought that the security of my job was holding me here, so I came up with a few alternatives that would allow me to keep my job, and yet avoid the cold.

This is what I came up with:

  • Mass Migration. The birds do it, so why can't we? I'm up for jumping into my car and driving down to Mexico every fall and returning in the spring. Once we get the oil companies to realize they can make a fortune by jacking up the prices during Migration time, I'm sure the government will be soon to agree.
  • Hibernation. I most definitely don't get enough sleep and when I really don't get enough sleep, I'm slightly wonky. This would be the perfect solution to my lack of sleep problem.
  • -Public Servant Exchange Program, or PSEP because we're all about acronyms in the government. Surely there's some idiot we could dupe into spending the winter here. We could turn it into some kind of Survivor series: Come and experience wonders of snow. Battle the daily onslaught of frost on your windows. See the wee electric blankets we use to keep our car batteries from freezing and take care not to inhale too deeply through your noses, lest your nostrils stick together, permanently.

. . . . . . .



My friend kidnapped me on Saturday. And I am only forgiving her because she introduced me to the wonders of Dim Sum.

Ang: Thank you for showing me what Dim Sum is (which I thought was a noodle dish, like the Phad Tai I had at Keo's). And thank you for introducing me to Crab Rangoon (my life is now more or less complete) and thank you for letting me eat Coconut Buns, its been a while since I first had them at Folkfest in the Bowl.






So, not only did I spend a Saturday in the company of good friends, but the weather this weekend was absolutely beautiful.

Sights like this tend make me forget the harshness of winter.

I think I was a tad bit hasty in the last winter I'll ever live here rant. It's not so bad and it's not really the job that's keeping me here. It's the friends, and the family and the possibilities. So I think I'll sit tight and wait and see what the winter has in store for me.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment