08 February 2010

Kisses and Disses

DISSES

I decided to write a Kisses and Disses post because early last week my bank declared a cheque I cashed staledated.  After phoning to inquire, I was told the cheque had been dated as 2004.  So my first diss was for my bank, until I received the cheque back in the mail and it was in fact dated 2004.  So I guess this is disses to me - for cashing a bad cheque.

Also, disses to me for the crappy cake I tried to make for a co-worker for his birthday.  For picking out a cake mix instead of baking something fabulous from scratch.  For going out instead of baking in the evening and not starting till after midnight.  For thinking it took only 15 minutes to bake.  For trying to make the middle bake by adding tinfoil and ripping off a huge chunk of cake.




And for breaking the cake in half trying to get it out of the pan.

I think this is the saddest looking thing I have ever baked.  I hope my son enjoyed the cake.


KISSES

Kisses to my coworker for her random act of kindness and for her compulsion to initial and sometimes initial and date things.  I'm pretty sure I will spend the rest of my life crossing things out with a line, and then initialing and dating everything.





Kisses to my son's guitar teacher.  I really appreciated how easy going, flexible and adaptable he was because it made it so much easier and enjoyable for my son to learn.  Plus he said fascinating stuff like: "the frequency of the harmonics" or "the power chord is also called the root 5th chord".  I really have no idea what any of that musical stuff means, but it sounds pretty cool.



Kisses to my friend, for wearing sexy pants and making me laugh.


But wait, it's even sexier from the back:


I'm not really good at this disses thing.  I just dissed myself.  So rather than fall further into the pit of self-deprecation I think I'll just call my next post on this subject: Kisses.  

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment