17 February 2010

A Recipe for You







I'm sharing this pizza dough recipe with you because as I said before it is Absolutely Fantastic and Amazing.  Or something like that.  I made Double Pepperoni for the boy, because it's his fav.  I love Blackened Chicken with peppers, minced garlic, tomatoes, sweet onion and feta cheese.   You can find my blackened chicken recipe HERE.




Here's the recipe:

1 cup lukewarm water or beer
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp quick acting yeast
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2.5 cups flour

Mix water (or beer-try Guinness), sugar and yeast in a bowl and let the yeast rise for 15 minutes.  Add the salt and vegetable oil and any seasoning you might want to add (I like adding Italian).  Stir.  Add flour and mix.  Knead on a floured surface until the dough is not sticky anymore, but still feels moist.  Cover and set in a warm place for at least 30 minutes.  Roll on a floured surface and place on a lightly greased pan.  (I sprinkle a Stoneware Large Bar Pan with cornmeal and then roll the dough out).  Add toppings and cook at 425F for 10-15 minutes.  

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment