21 February 2010

Weekend Retreat

I spent the weekend at the Shekinah Retreat Centre with a bunch of people from church.  Despite my misgivings of no cell reception and no internet access I was assured I would have a lot of fun and indeed I did.  The weather Saturday was gorgeous and I managed to get a few good photos out of the gadzillion that I took.  I enjoyed good discussions, great coffee and spending time getting to know people a bit better.  I think someone said it best when they said our biggest concern this weekend was deciding which game to play next.


 We stayed in Timber lodge and I included this picture because apparently all these beams have been constructed in a certain "style" or something like that.  The space is amazing with high ceilings, wood beams and windows everywhere.  

I spent some time Saturday afternoon reflecting over previous journal entries I had made these past couple of months and as I sat there, I could here so many musicians playing their guitars, or the piano, or other instruments in various areas of the space.   It was wonderful.  The espresso was wonderful too, but I will save that for its very own post.   Because it was just that awesome.

~b~

1 comment:

  1. Timber post and beam!

    You know where else you could enjoy some coffee?

    Guatemala,thats where!

    ReplyDelete