26 July 2009

Blackened Chicken on Delicious Pizza Dough


My recipe debut on Tasty Kitchen is going well - I already have two reviews and two ratings of 5 oven mitts out of 5!

Last week I made Fettucini Alfredo and added blackened chicken on top.  The blackened chicken turned out great so I thought I'd make a pizza out of it.

First I made the pizza dough.  You can find my recipe on Tasty Kitchen.

Then I made the Blackened Chicken.



Here's the recipe:

1 Tbsp Paprika
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Thyme
1 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbsp Black Peper
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
2 chicken breast, halved

Combine the paprika, sugar, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper and garlic powder and rub into chicken breast.  In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, water and vinegar.  Place the chicken under the broiler for 2 minutes on each side.  Continue broiling and baste the chicken merrily as you go (about 4 - 6 minutes).  Slice the chicken diagonally and its ready for serving. 

I also made some bacon by cutting 6 pieces of bacon into 1/2 inch strips and frying them up, I drained off the fat to appease my conscience.

When the pizza dough was ready to go I smeared onion bbq sauce all over that dough.  

I then added diced tomatoes, red and green pepper slices, minced garlic and sliced sweet onion. And then it was time for the blackened chicken and the bacon.  I topped the whole thing with feta cheese.
 

Doesn't that look good?

After a little cooking in the oven I was left with this:


And it was fantastic.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment