08 July 2009

Sioux Falls


After a full day of driving we stopped at Sioux Falls for the night.

We managed to get a hotel with free Wi-Fi and a free continental breakfast, what more could  a girl want?  On top of this, we also got air-conditioning  ooh, electricity -ahhh, and even our very own bathroom with real plumbing and running water wow.  After roughing it for the last few days, I was in paradise.

There was a huge mall across the street from us, and a a Barnes and Noble close by.  The Starbucks down the street for me, and the Taco Bell across the street for my son was icing on the cake.  Sweet, sweet icing.

Did I mention the nice bed I slept in?  

We stayed for two days.

One of things Sioux Falls has is a little park downtown.  It reminded me a lot of Saskatoon's riverbank.  Except it was a lot cooler . . . 

because .  . . 

get this . . . 

Sioux Falls . . . 


has . . . 





. . .



WATER FALLS

wow - wasn't expecting that, were you?

Taking this  last picture atop the observation tower will always hold a special place in my heart.  The trip up to the top was very memorable.  You see, I kindly, or graciously, or stupidly indulged my son into taking the stairs all the way up to the top.  The many many stairs that never seemed to end and snaked their way around the elevator until we reached the top. 

pant, pant.  





Yep.  Very memorable, indeed.

~b~

No comments:

Post a Comment