10 July 2009

The Last Leg


This is how we spend the last leg of our road trip.  Where ever did the term "last leg" come from? I surely hope that when I get back home I return intact with both legs.  Well, and both arms and hands and feet for that matter.

Our fine home for 4 nights:


The Rafter J Bar Ranch.  Shady and quiet.  Fellow campers were in bed by 11 pm and up at the crack of dawn.  Quite the opposite than the loudness and lateness of Cornerstone, but the peaceful, serene surroundings were well needed.
 

Our backyard:


Exploring the backyard:



The big attraction, Mount Rushmore: 



What a gloomy day.  Little did I know that the gloom was foreshadowing things to come.

More to come, I'll try to spare you endless pictures of landscape scenes of rocks and mountains.  Perhaps I'll include my video: Bellowing Buffalo Blocks Road (or Bellowing Bison Blocks Road, as some of you know them as Bison).

Looking forward to returning home,

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment