06 July 2009

music music music


My days at the festival went a little like this:

1. Wake up to the unbearable heat of the tent.   That humid heat that makes me hot and sticky and cranky and thankful that I live in dry Saskatchewan.

2. Brew coffee compliments of Coleman's coffee maker and McQuarries Fair-Trade Organic Mexican beans.  Thank you Coleman, Thank you McQuarries - I LOVE YOU GUYS!!




3. Eat breakfast

4. Wander over to the main area.  Watch the bands.  Watch the people.




Some of the bands I enjoyed were:


5.  Then we would head back on the long long walk (as in 3 km long, or almost 2 miles for my American friends), past the main stage to our tent.  




And I would proceed to have a nice, long nap.

6. And then we would head out for a night of music.

We saw shows like:








One of my favorite shows was put on by Brian "Head" Welch.  




He was a member of Korn before he redicated his life to Christ, left Korn, and changed his focus of his music.





The content of his songs have messages of battling addictions or are for those who have been abused as children by their own parents.





He pours himself out in his performance and evokes so much emotion.  I loved every minute that he was on stage.  




Brian Head Welch also shared a bit about his past.  About his addictions that imprisoned him, and which eventually permeated every part of his life.  He talked a bit about his conversion and that undeniable peace that flows into your heart.



It never ceases to impress me when people are so candid about their faith and when they use their gifts to glorify Him.

It was definitely worth the 27 hours on the road to get to the festival.

With Love,

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment